HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Overall and final responsibility for health and safety in Maeve Contractors LTD is that of the Board of Directors who are advised by British Safety Group.
The company will comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and other relevant legislation and meet the standards required to protect all of our employees whilst at work and any person likely to be affected by our work operations.
The objective of this policy is to attain and maintain high standards of health and safety performance throughout the company and detail the standards expected of employees and sub-contractors who under take work on its behalf.
Hazards will be identified and the risk of injury, disease or dangerous occurrence will be minimised by the achievement and maintenance of high standards of health and safety. These standards will be attained, so far as is reasonably practicable by:
- Adequate arrangements for suitable and sufficient assessment of work activities in order to identify associated hazards and control the risks arising.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees of the company.
- The provision and maintenance of safe access to and egress from any workplace under the control of the company plus safe systems of work.
- The co-operation of employees of the company to enable statutory obligations to be met.
- A visible management commitment to higher standards of health and safety achieved through monitoring performance and the continuous improvement of the health and safety culture throughout the company.
- The provision of first aid; fire prevention and control; welfare facilities and working environments that are, so far as is reasonable, without risk to health.
- Arrangements for ensuring safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage, transportation and disposal of articles and substances.
- Providing any necessary personal protective clothing and equipment required as the result of
a risk assessment.
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk.
The policy will be kept up to date, particularly as the business changes in nature and size. To ensure this, the policy and the way in which it is implemented will be reviewed annually.