Maeve Contractors Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients, subcontractors, suppliers and employees and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Maeve Contractor’s Limited.
Registered in England under company number 5624472
Address: Unit 1, 5 Eastfields Avenue, Wandsworth Town, SE18 1FU.
Data Officer: Kim Ganga-Raju
Email address: email@example.com.
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how Maeve Contractors Limited use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.The personal data that Maeve Contractors use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will work to uphold:
a) The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us.
b) The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data. © Simply-Docs – BS.DAT.PRIV.07 Privacy Notice 2
f) The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes
g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
h) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data according to your relationship with us:-
- Clients:– Information supplied to us on initial contact and in ongoing contract bases. Business Name, Contact Names, Phone Number, Email and Address and site premises addresses.
- Suppliers:- Information supplied on Invoices to us (Business Name, Contact Names, Phone Number, Financial Information including Tax Numbers, Bank Account Number and Sort Code)
- Subcontractors:– Information supplied on Invoices for services to us. Business/Sole Trader Name, Contact Names, Email, Telephone, Sole Trader/Company Address, Due Diligence information including Photo ID, Information Held by HMRC including UTR Codes, CIS Verification Codes, Financial Information including Tax Numbers, Bank Account Number and Sort Code, Qualification and CPD information.
- Employees:– Information supplied by individuals at the acceptance of employment. Full Name, Home Address, Personal Email Address, Telephone Number, Due Diligence information including Photo ID, Date of Birth, NI number, Tax Code, Work Experience, Education, Qualifications and Training details of known disability, Emergency Contact details, Employment Terms and Conditions, Financial information including Bank Account Number and Sort Code.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes according to our relationship to you:
- Clients:– In order to enter into and fulfil contractual obligations, provide a service to you, communicate with you with regards to works carried out by us and to comply to public interests including Income Tax.
- Suppliers:– In order to enter into and fulfil contractual obligations, including © Simply-Docs – BS.DAT.PRIV.07 Privacy Notice 3 payment for goods and services as invoiced, to communicate with you regarding orders and to comply with public interests including VAT and Tax.
- Subcontractors:– In order to enter into and fulfil mutual service contractual obligations, including payment for services carried out by you, to comply with legal and public interests (including Due Diligence, Liability and Tax)
- Employees:– To enter into and fulfil employment contracts, for legitimate business interests, to comply with legal and public interests (including Due Diligence, Liability, Tax and NI), to pay monthly wages, Drivers’ licences for drivers of company cars or car travel claims for Business Insurance.
We do not use your personal data or share your data for the purpose of unlawful marketing or spam.
We do not use your personal data or share your data for the purpose of automated systems for decision making or profiling.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept:
- For the duration of the contracts extended to the requirements of HMRC Insurance and Legal Claims
- If a request to remove personal data is made and this has no bearing on legal
obligations to HMRC, Insurance and Legal claims
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.The security of your personal data is essential to us and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- Ensuring the electronically stored personal data can only be accessed via password protected processes and in most cases in two step security processes.
- Ensuring paper copies of personal data are kept in locked cabinets.
- Transfer of data electronically is carried out via secure email.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include delivery. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some of your personal data that we hold, these include:-
- Clients:– to subcontractors for Maeve Contractors to fulfil contractual obligations
of works to be carried out
- Subcontractors: – verification with HMRC of UTR codes, training data to comply with Health and Safety and Qualifications (CITB and Atlas Citation), via written consent for introducing business support for sole traders (In-Sync), via written © Simply-Docs – BS.DAT.PRIV.07 Privacy Notice 4 consent for site security and service contractual arrangements in the form of Biometric access (please note Biometric Data is a form of Special Data that is held by Delaney – please refer to Delaney Privacy Notice)
- Employees: – HMRC for NI and Tax purposes, for enrolment and management of a personal pension scheme, with Atlas Citation (online HR support) for management of leave, absence, training and CPD, Iris Payroll for payroll purposes.
- Clients:– to subcontractors for Maeve Contractors to fulfil contractual obligations
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This
is known as a “subject access request”.All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject
Access Request Form is available for you to use.There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details
For the attention of Kim Ganga-Raju
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 02039097230.
Postal Address: Maeve Contractors Ltd, Unit 1, 5 Eastfields Avenue,
Wandsworth, SE18 1FU.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal
data protection.Any changes will be made available on our website and additionally in some cases via email.